Check out my Top 10 list of things to do and see during this year’s holiday season!
This is a list for events and places I have personally enjoyed with my family, along with new and interesting experiences to take in this year. These are ones that run all holiday season long, not events that are just for a few days. There are also a lot of homes with incredible light displays synced to music, so if you want me to include any, please contact me and I will add them below. I will try to have as much info about each along with if they are free or how much they cost, and website to check out.
- Prairie Lights – Grand Prairie. Located at Lynn Creek Park on Joe Pool Lake. Upon arriving at the entrance of Prairie Lights, you will be dazzled with 4 million lights set along 2 miles of path. Hundreds of ALL-NEW displays in shapes of all kinds line and arch over the roads. Half way through the drive get out of your car for a stop at Holiday Village where you will find food, gifts, Santa, the brand-new indoor Snow Maze, and the Holiday Magic Lighted Walk-Through Forest. Once back in your vehicle, the second half of the drive ends with the very animated light tunnel – the perfect finale to a night you will never forget! – https://prairielights.org/home Opens at 6pm. Long wait times anticipated 12/16 – 12/25. Be prepared to wait and arrive early. $35-45 per car. Current Park Status
- Gift of Lights at Texas Motor Speedway – 3545 Lone Star Circle, Fort Worth. Drive through over 2 million Christmas lights and festive holiday displays. Stop at Santa’s Village for a picture, train rides, food, and more. Opens at 6pm. $25 per car http://www.tmsgiftoflights.com https://facebook.com/tmsgiftoflights
- Gaylord Texan’s Lone Star Christmas – 1501 Gaylord Trail Grapevine Marvel at dozens of lavish holiday displays including more than 2 million twinkling lights and larger-than-life decorations during Gaylord Texan’s Lone Star Christmas. Enjoy ICE! featuring ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas, Cookies with Mrs. Claus, Build-A-Bear Workshop and Scavenger Hunt, and other holiday events to get you in the spirit of the season! Walk around and enjoy for Free. ICE tickets start at $12.99 http://www.marriott.com/hotel-info/dalgt-gaylord-texan-resort-and-convention-center/lone-star-christmas/udp3ura/home-page.mi
- Enchant – 1000 Ballpark Way, Globe Life Park, Lot F, Arlington. Surrounded by millions of dazzling lights, the memories you make at Enchant will last well beyond the holiday season. Whether you’re navigating through the world’s largest Christmas light maze, gliding around the ice-skating pond, waltzing through the Christmas marketplace, or sharing hot cocoa with your loved ones, you’ll find enchantment around every corner. Tickets $29.95, Family 4 Pack $79.95. https://enchantchristmas.com/ BUY TICKETS
- Holiday Wonder at Fair Park – 1318 S 2nd Ave, Dallas. Holiday Wonder, new this year, is an outdoor, walk-through winter wonderland, with more than 2 million lights bringing to life holiday favorites in giant illuminated eye-catching displays, including Santa Claus, beautiful floating swans, perennial holiday favorites, and more. Guests will walk through a holiday wonderland that includes an enchanting snowflake corridor, playful polar bears and penguins, a 48-foot-tall Christmas tree, and more than a few holiday surprises. Enjoy plenty of other activities such as a 2 story slide, letters to Santa, and snowball throwing. Adults $20, Kids $12. Family 4 pack $54. https://www.holidaywonder.com
- Interlochen – Westwood Dr and Randol Mill Rd in Arlington. Starts Dec. 15th. 7-11pm. Hundreds of homes participate in decorating with lights and displays. 42 years running. Lines get long, be patient, go early. Free https://www.arlington.org/event/interlochen-lights-2017/19360/
- Highland Park – Enter at Armstrong Parkway and Preston Road. Free to Drive Through and see the many mansions and luxury homes of Dallas lit up at night. Carriage rides for a fee.
- Diamond Loch – 6300 Diamond Loch N, North Richland Hills. Everyday from 6-10pm. Free – Drive Through. Get there early, be patient and expect to wait. Wonderful display of lights from most homes in the neighborhood. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Diamond-Loch-Christmas-Lights-Display/1618849645045436
- Deerfield – Deerfield is located in Northwest Plano between Preston Rd. and Coit Rd. Enter from Legacy on Colonnade or Archgate. Watch all signs, drive carefully and enjoy the holiday lights! They are usually on between the hours of 7pm-10pm during the entire month of December. Free – Drive Through or Walk. http://deerfieldplano.org/page/616~887056/Holiday-Information-2017
- Glenbrook – Cummings Dr at Brookside Ct, Bedford. For over 20 years, the Glenbrook subdivision has told the story of “It’s the night before Christmas, in Texas That is” using colorful storyboards and decorations. The streets are lined with beautiful red lights and the houses are brightly decorated with colorful lights and displays. Follow the signs that take you through each page of the book to read, placed in the front yard of different homes. Free – Drive Through. https://www.facebook.com/pg/Glenbrook-Christmas-183286888543773/photos/?ref=page_internal